Saturday, January 28, 2012

For My Son

For my beautiful Son. That's right, he IS beautiful. God entrusted this perfectly made boy into my care and said, "You will be his father. I have given you a precious gift."

I said, "What do I do? I don't know how to be a dad, much less a GOOD dad."

He said simply, "Love him. It is the beginning and end of all the answers you seek."

I said, "I'm scared Lord. What if I fail? What if I make mistakes?"

"Do it afraid." He told me. "Have faith in me and let me be your strength and wisdom."

"But what if I can't be there with him. Will he make the right decisions? Will he know how to make the right choices?"

"Show him the way and he will follow."

"Will he Lord? Will he? Because right now he is hurting. He is so sad and I don't know how to help him."

"Show him the way." He said. "Show him what faith can do."

This is for my beautiful Son Jayden. Because I love him... so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7elxC8LXfzE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment