Sunday, May 22, 2011

Take Action

Actions speak louder than words.
Yeah, we've all heard that before but I just had to dust off this old chestnut and put it out there again. 
If you do only one thing today, take the time to revisit your goals. Consider everything you have yet to achieve and ask yourself the following:
What am I doing to move myself closer to my goals?
Have I been spending more time TALKING about my goals than DOING something to reach them?
Are my actions lining up with my words?
Be honest with your answers. You don't need to worry about trying to impress anyone here.
If you've fallen into the trap of All Talk, No Action then take the time to revisit your goals and get your butt back in the game. 
Pick something small or something that can be relatively easy to accomplish but just do something. Get some momentum going. You can create a snowball effect and roll on to the next smallest goal or you can take that same momentum and move yourself closer to one of your bigger goals. How you choose to take action is completely up to you.
If you've been talking the talk but ignoring the walk then it's time to lace up your shoes and get moving again. 
Get going.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment