Sunday, April 3, 2011

Priorities Simplified

"One is not born into the world to do everything but to do something." 
— Henry David Thoreau
Translation: Set Priorities.
The term "multi tasking" has become common place in todays vocabulary. People set out to do as much as possible only to find the end results lacking quality and detail all in the name of efficiency.
I don't know about you but if I need surgery and find out that my doctor will be operating on me and three others at the same time, chances are I will be canceling that little outing under the knife. I want my doctor's full attention. Efficiency can take a back seat. I want to know that I am the doctor's main priority at that moment.
And so it is in everyday life. Without priorities we bounce around from task to task with no goal in sight. We lend a little attention here, a little attention there but never do we lend our FULL attention to the task that should rise to the top of the list. Thus, our attention to detail suffers and errors and mistakes abound.
Prioritize equals simplified.
Set your priorities, follow through with each to their completion and move on to the next priority. You'll receive the satisfaction and peace of mind of a job well done and you'll actually find yourself getting more accomplished.
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment